How to Obtain Turkish Citizenship?
If you are one of the people seeking to do business and long-term investment in Turkey, then Turkish citizenship is very easy and flexible to obtain.
Turkey also allows dual citizenship. Moreover, it gives people numerous advantages to obtaining its citizenship, as the government provides four ways to acquire Turkish citizenship:
This law was issued on September 19, 2018, whereby anyone who buys real estate in Turkey with a value of $ 250,000 and is able to keep it for no less than 3 years is eligible to obtain Turkish citizenship. These terms are considered an excellent opportunity for investors and entrepreneurs who wish to live or contract a long-term business in Turkey.
Foreigners who have lived in Turkey for 5 years or more and if they do not spend more than 185 days a year outside the country, they are entitled to apply for citizenship, provided that they prove their financial state and attend an interview in the Turkish language after the officials conduct the required home examination.
Family connection (marriage to a Turkish citizen):
Under the Turkish Citizenship Law No. 403, which allows anyone to obtain Turkish citizenship automatically if he/she has a Turkish mother.
In the event that he/she marries a Turkish citizen did not live separated, he/she can apply for citizenship after three years.
Turquoise Card System:
This is an exceptional method that is granted in very special cases with an official decision. It is not citizenship rather a residents’ grants. Its owners have many rights for the Turkish citizens themselves. It’s intended for educators, high-level investors, or anyone who contributes to artistic, sports, social and cultural activities.
The latest and fastest laws
If you are an investor or entrepreneur who wants to obtain Turkish citizenship, then owning real estate in Turkey is one of the easiest ways to obtain Turkish citizenship and within approximately 30 days after verifying that you pose no danger or threat to national security.
It is important to note here that obtaining citizenship includes purchasing more than one property with a value of $ 250,000 and not just one property of this value. Provided they are all submitted at the same time.
As for the procedures followed to obtain citizenship, they are as follows:
- After purchasing real estate, you ably for citizenship at the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre.
- The request is sent for verification by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, which in turn works to verify the property’s value and ensure that there is no fraud.
- In the event that the information is verified, the Ministry places a stamp on the title deed of the real estate justify not selling for less than three years.
- Applications are sent later to the authorities responsible for introducing Turkish citizenship.
- Finally, and in the absence of any violations, the applicants are invited to the competent authorities to complete the processes of granting citizenship.
What are the papers and credits required to obtain Turkish citizenship?
The documents for submitting Turkish citizenship depend on the residency application details and methods. After submitting the application at the nearest Turkish consulate in the applicant’s country, some documents that are constantly updated by the Ministry of Interior must be filled out, but they always include:
- Application form
- 4 passport copies
- Birth certificate
- Residence permit or tourist visa
- Medical health certificate
- Documents proving marriage (marriage contract or children’s birth certificates)
- A tax payment receipt
- A bank receipt of a minimum value of $ 250,000
- Title deed or commitment contract to purchase the property from a notary
- A copy of the Turkish identity card and the address of the applicant’s relatives in Turkey